We love to repurpose and will accept many used items that we need to help our kids (ages pre-school through high school). If you want to make an in-kind donation, here are some of the things we need most:
- Undergarments (underwear/camis/undershirts/bras/thermals) for children sizes 8-18.
- Socks/Gym Shoes/Boots
- Winter Coats/Fleece
- Candy/Snacks/Small Treats - we give out a snack or treat with each of the gift bags so we always need donations in bulk (granola bars, oatmeal, soup, hot cocoa, individually wrapped snacks)
- PopIts - all the rage with kids now!
The following is a list of things we cannot accept:
- used pajamas
- used socks
- used undergarments
- used stuffed animals
- tvs/vcrs/computers monitors
- anything that needs to be dry cleaned
- food in glass jars
Drop off hours Monday-Thursday from 9:30-1:00 at 9981 W. 190th St. Suite i Mokena, Il 60448. Drive around back and ring the doorbell to Suite i.
Of course, we love new things for our children too! If you have a corporate connection or anything in bulk, please give us a call and we will let you know if we can use it. Don't hesitate if it's not something usual, we will find a use for your donation!
Questions? Call (815) 806-1700
Gifts in-kind may be eligible for tax deductions. You will receive a tax deduction form to complete at the time of your donation.
If you shop Amazon, please elect My Joyful Heart as your AmazonSmile Charity of choice so we can continue to benefit from your purchases with no additional cost to you. For ease, we have put some current wish list items on a Gift Event Wish List as well as our General Office Wish List
If you don't shop Amazon, you can often find savings for these items by comparing prices to other retailers (Wikibuy is useful for this).